Top 5 Famous Investors And Club Owners In English Football
Asher K / October 13,2018
5. John W. Henry (Liverpool) - He is an American businessman, investor, and the founder of John W. Henry & Company, an investment management firm. He is also the principal owner of the Boston Globe, the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC and co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing. Henry is estimated to be worth $2.2 billion and has invested £300 million in his ownership of the Liverpool team.
4. The Glazer Family (Manchester United) - The Glazer clan built a commercial real estate fortune through First Allied Corporation, which today owns more than 6.7 million square feet of premium shopping center space across the U. S. The Glazers own Manchester United with their stake of £800 million.
3. Alisher Usmanov (Arsenal) - is an Ubek-born Russian business magnate. As reported by Forbes, in 2017, he has an estimated net worth of $15.1 billion. Usmanov built his wealth through metal and mining operations and various investments. He increased his Arsenal FC share beyond 29 percent in June 2011.
2. Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) – He is a Russian billionaire businessman, investor, and politician. According to Forbes, Abramovich's net worth was US$10.8 billion in 2018. He is currently the 11th richest Russian and the 140th-richest person in the world. He made his fortune in a series of controversial oil export deals in the early 1990s. Chelsea has benefitted from £2 billion of the Russian businessman’s money.
1. Sheikh Mansour (Manchester City) - He is the deputy prime minister of the UAE, minister of presidential affairs and member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is the half-brother of the current President of UAE. He is said to be worth around £20 billion. Bizarrely, ownership of Manchester City is split between a state-owned Chinese consortium and Sheikh Mansour. Mansour has put forward nearly £210 million to help the Club.
This article & images is created by RescueBet - Betting Capital Loses Rebate up to 100%