RescueBet wants to ensure that its clients gamble in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that gambling can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our clients and want online gaming to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for a client to gamble in a responsible manner.
At RescueBet we believe that sports betting and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realize that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
By making a few careful decisions about how to spend your time and money, gambling can remain fun and harmless.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it.
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that “it’s only a game”.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Set a time limit.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Balance gambling with other activities.
- Don’t gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way.
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your or someone else’s life, then ask yourself the following questions:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
If you still have doubts, try self-test assessment tool available here.
Actions to take
RescueBet provides a number of tools to help you maintain a healthy gaming experience.
Whilst most customers are able to enjoy their gambling, we recognize that for a very small number of customers gambling ceases to be fun. For those customers who wish to restrict their gambling, we provide an Account Closure service to close their account. Accounts may be re-opened at a later date but only if the request is made in writing and after a 24 hour cooling off period. If you require information relating to this facility, please contact Customer Services via the Support section of our website.
Self-exclusion for a definite or indefinite period of time.
For those customers who wish to restrict their gambling, we provide a self-exclusion feature that enables the closure of the account or accounts for a minimum period of 24 hours and up to 9 months, as requested. If you require information relating to this feature, please contact the Customer Services via the Support section of our website.
RescueBet offers the following self-exclusion options:
Definite self-exclusion: this means that after a chosen period, your account will be automatically reopened and you will be able to resume playing.
Indefinite self-exclusion: this will not be automatically reversed and your account will not be reopened automatically. Once you decide to resume playing, we will reopen your account with a 24-hour cooling-off period.
Permanent self- exclusion: this means your account will remain closed unless you contact us. It may be reopened after a 7-day cooling-off period and after being reviewed by our Responsible Gaming Department.
By setting a deposit limit, you are able to control the maximum amount of money you wish to pay into RescueBet account over a chosen period of time. This limit allows you to control your spending and stops you from depositing more than you are financially comfortable with.
Example: If you decide that you want to deposit only 50 USD per week, your weekly deposit limit will not allow you to deposit any more until after midnight on Sunday.
By setting a wager limit, you are able to control the maximum amount of money you wish to stake over a chosen period of time. This limit allows you to control your gameplay and stops you from wagering more than the chosen limit.
Example: If you decide that you want to wager only 100 USD per day, your daily wager limit will not allow you to stake more than that until after midnight.
By setting a loss limit you are able to control the maximum amount of your deposit balance you can lose over a chosen period of time. This limit allows you to control the amount of real money you can lose from your deposits (bets minus wins).
Example: If you decide that you can allow yourself to lose only e.g. 20 USD per month, your monthly loss limit will stop your gameplay if your balance decreases by 20 USD in total. If you deposit 50 USD and start playing, your gameplay will stop and the balance will not go below 30 USD this particular month.
Game Session Limit
By setting a game session limit, you are able to control the time spent on playing with us per day. This limit allows you to control the duration of your gameplay and stops you from playing longer than the chosen time limit.
Example: If you decide that you can allow yourself to gamble for 2 hours per day, your daily limit will stop your gameplay after 120 minutes have passed.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. In order to ensure child safety online, RescueBet encourages its Players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when your casino software is running.
- Password-protect your account
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your Sportsbook/Casino account number and credit card(s) out of the reach of children.
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer’s access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allows parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
For more information about raising awareness and understanding of emerging trends, as well as other issues regarding internet safety, we also recommend parents to visit the EU co-funded website: www.betterinternetforkids.eu
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe that you might be addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our website and also contact us through email. You might also wish to contact the following independent organisations, either directly or anonymously. These organisations are professionally trained to help: